About

100 Years of Prayer

When Father Louis Hagus said the first Mass for St. Louis Parish on July 11, 1911, the city of Englewood, the State of Colorado and even the world was a much different place. Broadway and the surrounding streets were still unpaved and there were no traffic lights to be found anywhere in the U.S. The city of Denver was founded just 53 years earlier and Colorado had only been a state for 35 years. The area surrounding our present-day church was originally part of the old Orchard Place settlement and was named Englewood, “wooded nook,” when a few early settlements officially incorporated as a city in 1903.

The most visible aspect of St. Louis Parish is our church at 3310 S. Sherman Street. Begun within a year of the founding of the parish, the church is more than bricks and mortar. It holds the hopes and dreams and sorrows of thousands of parishioners who have passed through its doors, provided funds for its construction and improvement over the years, and volunteered to hammer, paint and clean, plant and decorate for a century of celebrations.

The stained glass windows throughout the church were funded through parishioner contributions, and created by Creative Stained Glass Studios.


Feast Days and Holy Days Mass Schedule

Regular Mass Schedule:

  • Saturday: 5:00 pm; Neo-Chatechumenal 7:30
  • Sunday: 8:00 am; 10:00 am, 5:30 pm
  • Daily Mass: 7:30 am
  • Croatian Mass: Last Sunday of the Month at 12:00 pm

Confessions:

  • Saturday 3:30 – 4:30 pm or by appointment
  • Every day after the 7:30 am daily mass